CSCI 340: Game Programming
Welcome to CSCI 340, Section 1, Spring 2021. In this class we will develop skills using a game engine to produce computer games and virtual worlds. We will be working with the Unreal
There are several goals for this class:
- Learn how to produce games in the Unreal engine.
- Learn the components of the Unreal engine.
- Individualy and as a team build simple video games.
It is my intention to make this class a mixutre of theory and application. In general I hope to cover the function of the major components of a game engine as well as examining how those components are used in the Unreal engine.
We will rely heavly on the Unreal Documentation and tutorials. I will provide notes and comentary on these tutorails. I expect you to work through the tutorials in place of a textbook for this class.
This class meets MWF 3:30 to 4:45 on line mode 3.
"I am the instructor of record for this class. Only the instructor of record for this class can issue a final grade."
- When installing unreal, go ahead and install Visual Studio Community 2019 as well.
- Create a new project, but select C++ as the basis.
- This will complain that can't find a compiler and give you a link to install it.
- The install takes a while.
- It will want to reboot after the install.