Lab: Rootly Powers.
This lab is intended to introduce you to some of the "powers" associated with the root or administrator account on linux/unix.
When you finish this lab, you should have:
- Discovered the difference between a normal user ad the superuser or administrator on a *nix system.
- Learned about permissions of files and the *nix file system.
- Learned about processes and signals.
- Learned some basic *nix commands to deal with processes and files.
- Setup the Guest Machine image
- Explore the users on this machine and learn some basic linux commands associated with users.
- Discover the way *nix systems control access to files.
- Learn about processes on a *nix system.
- Complete the lab by answering questions and experimenting with the commands you learned.