Homework 1, Chapter 1.
Do the following activities related to chapter 1.
After you complete this exercise you should have
- Strengthened your understanding of the material in chapter 1.
- Gained a better understanding of the work involved in a cybersecurity inventory.
Please perform the following activities. Answer any questions, perform any discussions in a word document. You will be required to submit this world document to complete this homework.
- Find three current (within the last two months) news stories involving cybersecurity attacks.
- Provide a reference url or better yet, attach each article at the end of the work document in an appendix.
- Provide a one paragraph summary of the article.
- In addition, describe the content of the article using the terms in chapter 1.
- Was the article about a threat, vulnerability, control?
- What part of the CIA triad was involved?
- Describe the attacker if there was one. How would you classify this attacker?
- Describe any assets compromised and the value of the assets.
- Was harm caused? If so what?
- Were any controls ignored?
- Perform a personal cybersecurity audit.
An single word document containing discussions and answers to the questions.
Submit the assignment to the D2L folder Homework 1 by the due date.