Homework 3, Pseudo-code and Flowcharts.
Design a process to test to see if someone is psychic.
When you finish this homework, you should have:
- Written a process in pseudo-code
- Created a flowchart to demonstrate a process
The zener cards are a deck of 25 cards, consisting of 5 symbols each repeated five times. These are used to conduct experiments to see if a candidate has ESP.
A simple test for ESP is for the examiner to shuffle a deck of zener cards. After this the examiner will then pick a card and observe it while keeping it hidden from the candidate. The examiner then asks the candidate to predict which of the five shapes the examiner has observed on the card and the examiner records either success or failure. This process is repeated until all cards in the deck have been observed.
After the experiment has been conducted, the number of successes indicates the psychic ability of the candidate. Statistically you can expect most people to predict between 3 and 7 cards correctly. It is unlikely that a person will get 10 cards correctly (1.8% of the time) so we could classify someone who consistently scores 10 or higher as potentially psychic.
For this assignment you will develop pseudo-code and a flowchart for a test procedure to determine if a person is potentially psychic using the above description.
For the deck of cards, use words like
draw a card and
examine a card. For people use words like
For the assignment
- Create a list of ambiguities associated with this specification and questions you might ask to clear up the ambiguities.
- Create pseudo-code to explain how to conduct this experiment.
- Create a flowchart showing how to conduct this experiment.
- Your answers should be in a word document.
- You should create the flowchart with umlentino.
- Save the file as a diagram file and include this in your submission.
- Take a screen shot and include this in your word document.
- Your pseudo-code should be in the word document.
- Each component above is worth 5 points.
A word document containing your answers and a .uxf file of your umlentino diagram.
Submit the assignment to the D2L folder Homework 3 by the due date.