Advanced Spreadsheets, DSCI 201
Welcome to DSCI 201 Spring 2019. In this class I hope to take a hands on approach to gaining a deeper understanding of spreadsheets and their more advanced capabilities. While the primary focus for this class is the application of spreadsheets to data analytics, any area of interest is worth pursuing. If you have a topic of interest, or even knowledge of an advanced feature you wish to present, please discuss this with the instructor.
Given the pre-requisites for this course, it is expected that you are able to:
- Communicate, including submitting documents, via email.
- Produce well formatted text documents, including citations, page numbers and graphics, using a word processor.
- Possess a basic understanding of mathematics and possess basic quantative skills.
- Are able to perform basic computations in a spreadsheet.
I expect you to demonstrate these skills in your homeowrk.
This course is approved for general education distribution 3.
This class meets TR from 3:30 to 4:45 in Ross 136.
- I am the instructor of record for this class. Only the instructor of record can properly grade coursework and issue midterm and final grades.